Sunday, May 2, 2010

The end of an Era

Friday was my last day having a "real" job.  When you are a substitute a "real" job constitutes anything over a week, shoot even a week feels like a real job when you are subbing.  I like to categorize real jobs by whether or not I know all the kids names when I'm done.

I've been in this job since January now, and it was really hard to leave.  I've been teaching remediation reading and math in small groups for 2nd through 6th graders.  I loved the kids I was working with, and of course it is my amazing staff from last year (my first year of teaching) again.  And let me tell you, they are pretty stinkin' awesome!

So I was not only sad to leave because it was such a fun job, but I really needed the money.  That and who is able to answer their phone at 4 in the morning?  Unfortunately.... not me!

Dear subline,

Please call me with lots of jobs every night.... instead of in the morning!  Thanks!

~Me

No comments:

Post a Comment